What to Do in a Fire Damage Emergency
SERVPRO Franchise System Serving America Since 1967
Here at SERVPRO of Las Cruces we deal with emergencies daily, we are professionals who can help you in any water/fire damage emergency that you might have. However, you may not know what steps to take when you are caught by surprise if an emergency creeps up on you. SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants to take some time to give you a few tips on what to do in a fire damage situation.
Fire Damage “To Do’s”
- Stay calm
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry, colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Wipe soot from chrome on kitchen and bathroom faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant
Fire Damage “Don’t Do’s”
- Do not attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces without first contacting a SERVPRO of Las Cruces professional
- Do not attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture without first consulting a SERVPRO of Las Cruces professional
- Do not attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without consulting a repair service
We hope these tips will better prepare you in case a fire damage does happen.
Call us today, we are here for you 24/7, 7 days a week- 575-522-0130
Keeping Your Home Safe While You Travel
Will you be planning to visit family members out of town this Holiday Season? If so, SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants to give you a few tips to ensure that your home stays safe from burglars and water/fire damage.
- Have a house-sitter
- Let your most trusting neighbor know that you will be gone
- Let the police know that you will be out of town for more than a week
- Make sure your main water line is turned off
- Keep your blinds in the opened or closed position they normally would be
- Do not post where and when you will be leaving on social media
- Have someone trustworthy to feed your pets, water your plants, bring in your mail, and to move your car once in a while if your car is not in the garage
- Make sure your air conditioner thermostat is set to four degrees higher to the temperature you usually set it
- Make sure your heater thermostat is set to four degrees lower to the temperature you usually set it, unless you have a gas furnace, then set it to six to eight degrees lower
- Do not leave your extra house key under a mat or under a decorative rock or plant
Stay safe and enjoy this Holiday Season!
Easy Tips for a Safe Christmas
SERVPRO of Las Cruces has put together a list of things to keep in mind when you are decorating your home with Holiday décor. We want you and your home to be safe this Holiday Season.
- Keep your live tree away from fireplaces and heater
- Keep a fire extinguisher near your tree
- Water your live tree frequently
- Keep wrapping paper away from the fireplace
- Read the labels on your decorative lights to avoid fires and burns
- Do not leave lights turned on overnight
- Use hooks and insulated staples instead of nails and tacks to hang lights
- Do not leave candles unattended, make sure they are placed on a stable surface
- Avoid overloading electrical outlets
- Keep outside decorations and equipment at least 10 feet from power lines
- Use ground-fault circuit interrupters (GVCIs) for all outdoor decorations
What Are Deductibles and How Do They Work
We make it seem "Like it never even happened."
No one expects a water or fire damage emergency, but SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants to prepare you in case this does occur. We wanted to give you (our customers) some information on a couple questions that have become more frequent when dealing with your insurance claim. What are deductibles and how do they work?
What are deductibles?
Deductibles are “a specified amount of money that the insured must pay before an insurance will pay a claim” (google.com).
There are three different types of deductibles:
- Dollar-value flat rate deductible
- These are the most common
- Percentage-based deductible
- These deductibles are higher than flat-rate deductibles
- Split deductible
- These deductibles can be dollar-value and percentage-based
How do deductibles work?
Deductibles vary by situation and type but must be paid in full in order for the insurance coverage to take effect. For example, if you incur expenses for $5,000, you will need to pay the full $500 deductible out-of-pocket and your insurance company will pay the remaining $4,500. However, if you incur $500 of expenses, you will be paying the full amount and your insurance company will not have to pay anything.
Take some time to review your insurance policy and make sure that you agree with your deductible amount. If not, please call your insurance company and ask questions pertaining to your policy. SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants you to be prepared in case of an emergency.
We are here to help! Call us at (575) 522-0130
Faster to your Las Cruces Water Damage Event
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Las Cruces provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Las Cruces arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – (575) 522-0130
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Las Cruces
SERVPRO of Las Cruces specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
SERVPRO of Las Cruces- Winterizing Your Home
SERVPRO of Las Cruces is located at 724 W. Palms Las Cruces, NM 88007
Colder days and nights await us now that we have officially said goodbye to Halloween here in our beautiful Las Cruces. It is that time of the year to bundle ourselves, but it is also time to bundle our homes as well. This is called Winterizing your home.
SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants to give you a few tips on how to winterize your home to avoid any unwelcome surprises that may come with not getting your home prepared for the upcoming cold weather.
How to Winterize Your Home
- Insulate your water heater
- Kits can be found in Home Depot or Lowe's
- Add attic insulation
- Glass fiber insulation is the least expensive
- Change your showerhead to a low-flow showerhead
- This can save you over $20 a year
- Weatherize your windows
- Kits can be found at Wal-Mart
- Install faucet aerators
- This can also help your water bill
- Lower your water heater to 120oF
- Wash clothes in cold water
Following these simple easy steps can help bundle your home this coming winter season and also save you money. We wish you a very happy Holiday Season here at SERVPRO of Las Cruces—Stay Bundled.
Las Cruces Smoke and Soot Cleanup
SERVPRO of Las Cruces is ready to serve you!
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Las Cruces
will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – 575-522-0130
What to Do in a Water Damage Emergency
SERVPRO of Las Cruces "Like it never even happened."
During a Water Damage Emergency, our SERVPRO of Las Cruces technicians are professionals who are trained specifically for these types of situations. SERVPRO of Las Cruces wants to ease your mind during your emergency and has provided you with some information that will better help you get through this together… We are here to help you!
These tips are only for CLEAN WATER situations. If the water is in a gray or black water category, please do not follow these tips and wait for professional technicians to follow the necessary steps to keep you and your family safe.
- Shut off the water source if possible
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs
- Hang furs and leather goods separately at room temperature
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from wet carpeting
The following are some questions that SERVPRO of Las Cruces will ask of you to better assist you during your Water Damage emergency
- What is the source of water?
- Is it clean, gray or sewer?
- Is there structural damage?
- Is electricity available?
- Is there standing water? If so, how deep?
- What areas are affected?
- Date and time loss occurred?
What not to do…
The following are things that you should not be doing during a water damage emergency
- Do not start demolition for fear of asbestos and lead precautions
- Do not use a regular vacuum to remove water
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water
- Do not leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpeting
Please do not hesitate to call us at 575-522-0130, WE ARE HERE TO HELP!
SERVPRO of Las Cruces - LCAR Affiliate Trade Show
SERVPRO of Las Cruces attends the LCAR Affiliate Trade Show
SERVPRO of Las Cruces attended the Las Cruces Association of Realtors Affiliate Trade Show on Friday October 20, 2017 at the LCAR Event Hall. SERVPRO of Las Cruces stays in contact with its community to make sure that the community of Las Cruces knows of its services. SERVPRO of Las Cruces has been serving the community since 2013 and has been awarded the 2016 Director’s Platinum honor for Outstanding Sales Performance.
About SERVPRO of Las Cruces
SERVPRO of Las Cruces specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Have questions? Call us 24/7 – SERVPRO of Las Cruces 575-522-0130
SERVPRO Of Las Cruces completes the job right, the first time!
SERVPRO Of Las Cruces 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
SERVPRO of Las Cruces provides 24 hour fire and water damage restoration services in Las Cruces and Surrounding areas.
SERVPRO of Las Cruces is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today - (575) 522-0130
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Las Cruces has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?